JinkoSolar, one of the largest and most innovative solar module manufacturers in the world, today announced that it will supply its Tiger series modules to Malwatte Valley Plantations, one of the largest grower, manufacturer, and exporter of some of the finest teas in Sri Lanka, for its first-ever solar-powered tea plantations spanning over 7,000 hectares. The electricity generated will be used for tea processing, packaging, etc.
Mr. Lucas, Managing Director of Malwatte commented: “We are very pleased to cooperate with JinkoSolar who has a similar vision to build a cleaner and sustainable world, for our pioneer project to put solar power to work on the tea plantations. Its high quality and performance products and continuous technology advancement have made JinkoSolar first choice of partner for green transition in Sri Lanka.”
Mrs. Anita Li, General Manager of APAC, added: “It is great to have to help our Walwatte produce the finest and reputable Sri Lanka tea with the most powerful solar products. Energy consumption constitutes one of the major costs of the tea industry, with JinkoSolar’s leading technology, highly efficient and reliable products, the tea plantations will be increasing self-reliance and greener. From now on, tea has an additional sweet taste that is the sun.”
Tiger Neo Module Features:
- Excellent low light performance- Tiger Neo has great performance under low light conditions, which means in morning and sunset, in cloudy or not directly south orientation, Tiger Neo will deliver higher output.
- Improved high-temperature performance- Tiger Neo panels slowly lose their ability to generate power as they get hotter, thanks to its much lower temperature co-efficient to other modules.
- Increased power generation- Tiger Neo, adopting n-type cell technology, increases panel efficiency, giving more power per panel and more kWh per KWp.
- Enhanced performance warranty- Tiger Neo series comes with an enhanced performance warranty. After 30 years of use, the Tiger Neo is guaranteed to provide at least 87.4% of initial performance.
- Low LID- The Light Induced Degradation (LID) and LeTID of Tiger Neo is extremely low when compared with the standard P-type cells.
- Track record and proven field performance- JinkoSolar has been involved in delivering 100GW of quality panels to over 170 countries, more than any of other brands to date. It gives you peace of mind solar panels that exceed customer expectations.